Dr. Deliang Fan is currently an Assistant Professor in the School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA.
Before joining ASU in 2019, he was an assistant professor in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Central Florida (UCF), Orlando, FL, USA. He is also currently a courtesy professor at ECE department of UCF.
He received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees, under the supervision of Prof. Kaushik Roy, in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA, in 2012 and 2015, respectively.
please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
- Energy Efficient and High Performance In-Memory Computing Circuit, Architecture and Algorithm Cross-Layer Software & Hardware Co-Design, with applications in Deep Neural Network, Data Encryption, Graph Processing, Bioinformatics, etc.
- Machine Learning Circuit and System with Algorithm and Hardware Co-Design
- Efficient Deep Neural Network Accelerator Circuit and Architecture
- Adversarial Artificial Intelligence (AI) Security and Trustworthy AI System
- Brain-inspired (Neuromorphic) and Boolean Computing Using Emerging Nanoscale Devices like Spintronics, ReRAM and Memristors
- Nano-scale Physics Based Spintronic Device (GMR/ TMR Vertical Spin Valve, Magnetic Skyrmion, Lateral Spin Valve, Magnetic Domain Wall Strip, Spin-Torque Oscillator, Spin-Orbit Torque ) Modeling and Simulations
- Low Power Digital VLSI Circuit Design
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, 2022
- Best Paper Award in 29th ACM Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, Washington DC, USA, 2019
- Best Paper Award in IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI, Hong Kong, China, 2018
- Best Paper Award in IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI, Bochum, Germany, 2017
- Best Poster Award (1st place), ACM SIGDA & IEEE CEDA PhD Forum at Design Automation Conference (DAC), San Francisco, CA, USA, 2018
- Best Paper Candidate in Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference, Tokyo, Japan, 2019
- Best Paper Candidate in International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED), Santa Clara, CA, 2019
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award Nomination of ASU Graduate College, 2020-21
- Schloss Dagstuhl – NSF Support Award for Junior Researchers, 2019
- Front Cover Paper in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 54, No.2, Feb. 2018
- Front Cover Paper in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 51, No.10, Oct. 2015
Academic Activities and Services:
Dr. Fan has authored 130+ peer-reviewed international journal/conference papers in above area. He is the receipt of best paper award of 2019 ACM Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, 2018 IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI), and 2017 IEEE ISVLSI. His research paper was also nominated as best paper candidate of 2021 Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2019 Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference and 2019 International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED). He is also the technical area chair of DAC 2021, GLSVLSI 2019/2020/2021, ISQED 2019/2020/2021, and the financial chair of ISVLSI 2019. He served as technical reviewers for over 30+ international journals/conferences, such as Nature Electronics, IEEE TNNLS, TVLSI, TCAD, TNANO, TC, TCAS, etc. He also served as the Technical Program Committee member of DAC, ICCAD, HPCA, MICRO, WACV, GLSVLSI, ISVLSI, ASP-DAC, etc.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University , West Lafayette, IN, USA, Aug. 8, 2015
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA, Dec.2012
- Bachelor of Electronic Information Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, Jun.2010